I love experimenting with new versions of oldies but goodies. Like this simple breakfast yogurt cup. Super simple, super delicious, and super fancy for little ones’ eyes. (wink) Score some Mama points with these! There are so many variations out there and a simple Google search will give you even more ideas. They are simple and don’t take much time to put together. This simple mama loves that! (virtual high five) Follow along on Pinterest to see what I am dreaming up for our little white farmhouse in the hollow.
- 2 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 4 TBS raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Saigon cinnamon
- 2 TBS organic coconut oil, a little more for preparing cupcake pan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Melt coconut oil and mix with raw honey and vanilla extract.
- Add applesauce and mix well.
- Then add wet and dry ingredients until all incorporated.
- Prepare cupcake pan by placing a little of the reserved coconut (non-melted) and place in pre-heated oven (350 degrees). Once melted (about a min or two), take out of oven and spread the coconut oil around the cupcake cups to prevent sticking.
- Next, start forming the cups on the sides first. Then after the walls are formed, add the bottom and press firmly in the shape of the cup. Place tray in the freezer for about 10 mins.
- Once it sets up, remove from freezer and place in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-18 mins.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack and garnish with yogurt, fresh fruit, chia seeds, dried fruit, nuts or coconut flakes.
- Note: Baking times will vary from oven to oven. You are looking for a golden brown cup.
- Variation: You can add 2 TBS of natural or organic peanut butter or 1 ripe mashed banana for more delicious options.
Until next time, be creative, keep it simple, and most importantly, ENJOY the journey!